Since we all know champagne is my drink of choice, here are a few champagne cocktail recipes to make for your New Year’s party:
Champagne Cocktail, from Martha Stewart
3 drops bitters
1 sugar cube
1 oz Cognac
4 oz chilled Champagne
1. Drop bitters onto sugar cube, let soak in. Place sugar cube into a champagne flute. Add Cognac, and top with Champagne.
Grand Champagne Cocktail, from Bobby Flay
4 shots orange-flavored liquer
4 teaspoons honey
4 fresh strawberries, tops trimmed
1 bottle of Champagne, well chilled
Extra: 4 chilled Champagne flutes
1. Add the orange-flavored liqueur, honey and strawberries to a food processor and process until smooth.
2. Fill the chilled glasses halfway with the strawberry mixture and then fill the rest of the glass with Champagne.
Champagne Ginger Cocktail, from Ted Allen
Ginger-Infused Simple Syrup Ingredients:
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup sliced ginger
1. Simmer water, 1/2 cup sugar and sliced ginger in a small saucepan for 10 minutes.
2. Remove the saucepan from heat and stir in vodka.
3. Chill for 2 hours or overnight.
4. When ready to serve, strain to remove the ginger pieces.
Champagne Cocktail Ingredients:
2 tablespoons sugar
1 lemon, sliced into wedges
3 tablespoons candied ginger, for garnish
1 bottle chilled sparkling wine
1. Spread the sugar into a thin layer on a plate. Coat the rim of the glass with the juice from the lemon wedge and immediately dredge in the plate of sugar.
2. Add a few pieces of candied ginger to each glass. Pour 1 tablespoon of the ginger-infused simple syrup over the ginger pieces and top with the sparkling wine until the glass is 2/3 full.
Lavender Champagne Cocktail, from Martha Stewart
1/2 cup sugar
1 Tablespoon dried lavender
4 bottles (750 mL) dry Champagne or sparkling wine, chilled
Fresh lavender sprigs, for garnish
1. Bring sugar and 1/2 cup water to a boil in a saucepan, stirring to dissolve sugar. Stir in dried lavender. Remove from heat. Let cool completely. Strain out lavender. Refrigerate syrup until ready to serve (up to 1 month).
2. Pour about 6 ounces Champagne and 1 1/2 teaspoons syrup into each flute. Garnish each with a lavender sprig.
Check out our other New Year’s Eve Countdown items:
8: Pretty Pumps