I’m excited to make these savory cupcakes — they’d be a great Thanksgiving appetizer. They just look so adorable! And who doesn’t love bacon? I’ll post an update once I make them to report back if they are as delicious as they look.
**Update: They were a success! The cream cheese frosting is really the perfect creamy pairing to the crunchy bacon. Even though they are called a “cupcake,” the taste is much more like that of a biscuit. Totally delicious and so very, very easy to put together.
Bacon Herb Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting, from Framed Cooks
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1/2 cup cooked, finely crumbled bacon
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup finely chopped assorted fresh herbs
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened (the whipped variety works really well)
- Garnishes: assorted fresh herbs, cooked and crumbled bacon
1. Preheat oven to 375°. Stir together first 6 ingredients. Stir in flour until blended. (Mixture will be thick.) Spoon batter into lightly greased miniature muffin pans, filling completely full.
2. Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove cupcakes from pans to a wire rack, and cool completely (about 30 minutes). Spread or pipe tops of cupcakes with cream cheese. Garnish, if desired.