Alright, I have a confession to make…I’ve never had a brussel sprout! I know, it’s odd. But my mom doesn’t like them, and never made them for us growing up (and I’m sure as I child I probably wouldn’t have enjoyed them anyway.) However, as an adult I have no excuse for not at least giving them as try.
I came across this delicious-sounding recipe over the weekend, and feel like it might be a good way to see whether or not brussel sprouts are for me.
Salmon and Brussal Sprouts with Ginger-Scallion Sauce, from Dinner: A Love Story
For the Salmon and Brussel Sprouts:
- 1 1/4 lb salmon fillet cut into 4 ounce pieces
- 2-3 cups of brussels sprouts
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and papper
- 1 large bunch scallions (green and white parts), chopped
- 2 Tablespoons finely peeled fresh ginger
- 2 Tablespoons neutral oil, like canola or grapeseed
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sherry vinegar
- Salt and pepper